ArcGIS for Maritime: Chartingprovides tools that assist you in bringing in already-existing data, along with tools that streamline the feature editing and attributing process. All essential mapping information is stored in a geodatabase.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Extensions and verify that all applicable extensions are checked.
You need Production Mapping and Maritime Charting.
- Click Customize > Customize Mode and add the following toolbars from the Customize dialog box.
- Nautical DNC
- Production Editing
- Production Editing Advanced
- Production Symbology
- Production TOC Manager
- Use the Individual Library Instruction (ILI) to identify the type of chart to create:
- Copy the template geodatabase (GDB) from one of the following locations to your chart data storage location.
- For 32-bit Windows operating systems—<Installation location>\Program Files\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3\Dnc\Schemas\Built
- For 64-bit Windows operating systems—<Installation location>\Program Files(x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3\Dnc\Schemas\Built
- Rename the geodatabase something meaningful such as the library or chart name.
- Click the Add Data button .
The Add Data dialog box opens.
- Browse to the DNC feature dataset in the geodatabase you copied in step 5 and click Add.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to add your georeferenced image.
- Save your map document (.mxd).