You can verify your ENC data while in a Reviewer session using the ArcGIS Data Reviewer functionality that comes with your installation package. The Esri Maritime Charting comes with prepackaged data checks that are used with the Reviewer Batch Validate tool. These data checks have been preconfigured to verify that the mandatory attributes on each ENC vector product are attributed properly and are stored in the product library database. In addition to Data Reviewer, the Maritime Charting uses automatic validation, which is available through the Feature Manager. When you create a feature or modify existing feature attributes, the Attribute Batch Job will automatically validate the attribute settings against the conditions held within the batch job files that are stored within the product library. The following steps can be used to validate data with the prepackaged data checks using the Reviewer Batch Validate tool.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
- Click the Reviewer Batch Validate button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
The Batch Validate dialog box appears.
- Click Add from Product Library.
The Choose Batch Job(s) dialog box appears.
- In the Production Database area, click the Version drop-down arrow and choose the edit version you want to validate.
- Click the Choose Product Class drop-down arrow and choose the appropriate ENC product class.
The Choose Batch Job(s) list populates with the associated batch job for the ENC product.
- In the Choose Batch Job(s) list, select the batch jobs listed.
- Click OK.
The Batch Validate dialog box appears. The checks in the batch job appear in the Batch Jobs area.
If there are multiple workspaces referenced in the batch job, the Update to Single Workspace dialog box appears so you can choose the workspace you want to validate with the batch jobs.
When there is only one workspace in ArcMap, the batch job's workspace is automatically updated to the current workspace.
- Optionally click Validate All to ensure that all the feature classes that correspond with the checks are loaded in the map and to add any default checks.
- Choose an extent to use in the Features to Validate area.
- Selection Sets—The currently selected features. If you have a definition query defined for any of the feature classes you are using with the check, it is applied to the feature class.
- Current Extent—The current extent in the map display. If you have a definition query defined for any of the feature classes you are using with the check, it is applied to the feature class.
- Definition Query—The extent defined by layer definition queries for each feature class. If you have a definition query defined for any of the feature classes you are using with the check, it is applied to the feature class.
- Full Database—The entire feature class.
- Changed Features Only—If you are validating data in a versioned geodatabase, you can also choose to run a check only on features that have been edited. It's enabled when the production workspace references an enterprise geodatabase. This setting limits validation to those features that have changed from the parent to child version and only applies to a check's primary feature class (Feature Class 1). All features in secondary data resources (Feature Class 2+) are used in the validation.
- Click Run.
The default checks and the checks included with the batch job are run against the extent you have chosen. When the batch job has finished running, a message appears notifying you of the number of records that have been written to the Reviewer table.
- Click OK.
Any errors that are found are written to the Reviewer table automatically.
- If errors are found, open the Reviewer table to see the mandatory attribute errors.