You can view the metadata for chart and S-57 products using the Publish or View Metadata command at any time during your data compilation process. Your product has metadata information stored in the product library, and the Publish or View Metadata command allows you to view this data to ensure that all values are correct. For example, you can use the Publish or View Metadata dialog box during your new chart compilation task to see if your chart's horizontal datum value is set incorrectly. If the value is an error, you can change the value in the Export Nautical Product wizard before you export your chart to a final format.
The Publish or View Metadata dialog box displays the metadata entries for chart and S-57 products.
|Product Type||Metadata Category||Metadata Fields|
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
- Expand Product Library and Products.
- Navigate to the product for which you want to see the metadata.
- Right-click the product and click Publish or View Metadata.
The Publish or View Metadata dialog box appears. It lists the metadata values for each published new edition or update, and exports.
- Click the Edition node to see the metadata entries for a particular new edition.
- Expand the Edition node and click the Update number to see the metadata entries for the update.
- Click Close when you are finished viewing the metadata properties.