The Split Event tool is used to split a line event into two adjoining events. You are allowed to edit the attributes of the split events prior to selecting the location to split. Upon a successful execution of the tool, the resulting split events get new event IDs, and the input event retires.
- Open a web browser and browse to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- Click the Edit tab, and in the Edit Events group, click the Split Events button.
The Split Events dialog box appears.
- In the Split Location section, select an event layer in which you want to work by clicking the Event Layer drop-down arrow.
- The LRM to which the event is registered is selected automatically in the parameter, but you can select the LRM by clicking the Network (LRM) drop-down arrow.
- Enter a Route ID on which the events to be split are located in the Route ID text box or use the Select a Route on the Map tool to select the route from the map.
A route will be selected on the map.
- Next, use the Select From Measure on the Map tool to select a point on an event on the selected route.
The event will be split into two events on either side of the point. Alternatively, you can enter a measure value in the text box. The event underlying the measure value of the route will be split into two.
The records/attributes of the split event appear in the Split Result area.
- The Start date defaults to today's date, but you can select a different date using the drop-down date picker. The End date is optional.
The split events are displayed in the Split Result table.
- You can edit the fields in white. The gray fields are not editable.
- Click Save to split the records.