Maintenance in Esri Roads and Highways is activity driven. An activity is a workflow that is specific to performing a certain kind of edit to a route. Activities in Roads and Highways include Create Route, Realign Route, Retire Route, Extend Route, Reassign Route, and Cartographic Realignment. You will use the Roads And Highways Editing toolbar to perform edits on a route. The buttons on the toolbar appear in the order you will click them, although some buttons are optional for some activities. The basic steps to editing a route are as follows:
- Start editing.
- Set the target LRS Network layer.
- Choose a centerline feature.
- Select an editing activity.
Components of the activity dialog box
- Activity Type: Informs you of the current edit activity.
- Parameters Frame: Contains information about the route being edited; it always includes the Effective Date, Route ID, From Measure, and To Measure parameters.
- Calendar tool: Used to set the effective date.
- Route Picker tool: Used to populate route IDs or measure values from the map.
- Recalibrate Downstream check box: Provides additional information about how the route will be impacted by the activity. This can include actions such as updating downstream calibration points or applying the change to the entire route.
- Target Location Frame: Contains information about the route being affected by the edit activity. This may be the same route or a different route.