All the rules specified for a diagram template are listed on the Rules tab related to that diagram template. Each line on this tab concerns one of the schematic rules currently specified. When you want a rule not to be executed anymore during generation/updating, you can either disable its execution or remove that rule. The steps below detail how to remove a rule from the Rules tab.
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- In the Dataset Editor tree, click the entry related to the schematic diagram template where the rule you want to remove is specified.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Select the line corresponding to the rule you want to remove.
- Click Remove Rule on the Rules tab toolbar.
The selected rule is removed from the Rules tab.
- Click Save on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar.
After a rule has been removed from the Rules tab and this removal has been saved, its parameters are definitively lost and the rule is not executed anymore.
Rule deletion is automatically taken into account for any newly generated schematic diagram. But for schematic diagrams that were generated before this change, the diagram contents don't reflect the change. These diagrams must be updated so all rules specified on the related schematic diagram template are reexecuted and the diagram content takes the rule removal into account.