Schematic feature classes can be deleted at any time using Schematic Dataset Editor.
Deleting a schematic feature class and saving the schematic dataset causes the deletion of the schematic feature class itself and so the deletion of all the schematic features it contained. This deletion directly impacts all the schematic diagrams that contained schematic features stored in this schematic feature class: those schematic diagrams don't contain these schematic features anymore. If the removed schematic feature class was used to store nodes, schematic feature links that were connected to the missing node schematic features can appear without extremity nodes or with default nodes when a default node class is specified for the diagram template.
The steps below describe how to delete a schematic diagram template.
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- Right-click the entry related to the schematic feature class you want to remove in the Schematic Dataset Editor tree and click Delete .
- Confirm the schematic feature class deletion by clicking Yes on the dialog box that opens.
The entry related to the schematic feature class automatically disappears from the Schematic Dataset Editor tree. All the attributes configured for it, the associations with all the diagram template(s) that manage this schematic feature class, and the query and identifier that may have been configured for it are definitively lost.
- Click Save on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar.