The Delete Unused Data Sources command allows you to quickly identify the data sources that are unused in your schematic dataset and delete them if you want. The steps below describe how to use this command:
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views in the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- Click Preferences on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Identify unused data sources.
- Expand the Data Sources entry in the Schematic Dataset Editor tree.
The identification process automatically starts. At the end, one of the following messages displays:
- There are no unused data sources.
Click OK to close the message box in this case.
- This schematic dataset contains N unused data sources. OK to delete?
Click OK to close the dialog box and automatically delete the N detected unused data sources from the schematic dataset, or click Cancel if you don't want these detected unused data sources to be deleted.