Schematic diagrams stored in pre-10 schematic datasets can be opened and visualized with this version. But, if there are containers in these schematic diagrams, they will not be correctly displayed until they are marked as containers using a particular attribute called ContainerMark. This attribute must be set in the pre-10 schematic dataset on each schematic element class that implements containers. The steps below detail how to create this specific ContainerMark attribute on pre-10 schematic element classes:
- Start ArcCatalog on a pre-10 client where the ArcGIS Schematics extension is installed.
- Browse and select the pre-10 schematic dataset you want to migrate.
- Right-click this schematic dataset from the Catalog tree.
- Point to Edit Project.
Your schematic dataset configuration parameters are automatically displayed in Schematics Designer.
- Right-click the first drawing or node element type tree entry that implements containers in the schematic diagrams stored in this schematic dataset.
- Point to Create Attribute.
The Create Element Type Attribute dialog box appears.
- Type ContainerMark in the Name text box and choose Constant Attribute in the Type drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The newly created attribute displays in the Designer tree.
- Type 1 for the Value parameter on the General tab.
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 for each drawing or node element type used to implement containers in the schematic diagrams.
- Click Save and close Schematics Designer.