Schematic feature classes are used to implement schematic features contained in a schematic diagram. After creating schematic feature classes, you need to indicate which schematic diagram template is supposed to manage these schematic feature classes—that is, you must associate the schematic feature classes with one or several existing schematic diagram templates. The Associations tab related to a schematic feature class contains the list of all the schematic diagram templates specified in your schematic dataset. Those checked in the list are those that are already associated with the schematic feature class.
The steps below explain how to associate a given schematic feature class with one or several schematic diagram templates:
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- Click the desired schematic feature class in the Schematic Items window in Schematic Dataset Editor.
- Click the Associations tab.
All the schematic diagram templates in the schematic dataset are listed in this tab:
- Check the check box related to the schematic diagram template you want to manage the schematic feature class.
The schematic feature class is automatically moved under the checked schematic diagram template entry in the Schematic Dataset Editor tree:
- Repeat this operation if you want the schematic feature class to also be managed with another diagram template.
- Click Save on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar.
The Associations tab related to a schematic diagram template entry works in a similar way as the schematic feature class Associations tab explained above. This tab lists all the schematic feature classes specified in the schematic dataset. The schematic feature class items currently checked on that tab are those that are already associated with the schematic diagram template selected in the Dataset Editor tree. Checking schematic diagram template items on the Associations tab related to a schematic feature class automatically causes schematic feature class items to be checked on a schematic feature diagram template's Associations tab, and conversely.