By default, the Open Diagram By Diagram Template command is available neither from the Schematic toolbar nor from any other toolbar. To add it to any toolbar, click the ArcMap Customize menu and click Customize Mode. Click the Commands tab on the Customize dialog box, click the Schematics category, click the Open Diagram By Diagram Template command in the Commands list, then drag and drop it on the toolbar.
The steps below explain how to use this command.
- Click the Open Diagram By Diagram Template button .
The Open Schematic Diagram dialog box opens.
- Choose the schematic dataset or the schematic folder in the desired schematic dataset where the schematic diagram you want to open is stored.
if the desired schematic dataset or schematic folder isn't shown in the Schematic Dataset or Folder drop-down list, click the browse button at the right and browse to the desired schematic dataset or schematic folder.
- Choose the diagram template on which the diagram you want to open is based from the Diagram Template drop-down list.
- Choose the desired schematic diagram from the Diagram Name list.
- Keep the [Create New Data Frame] default value in the Output Data Frame drop-down list so the opened schematic diagram is automatically displayed in a new data frame, or choose the data frame from the drop-down list where you want the opened schematic diagram added.
- Click OK.