Available with Standard or Advanced license.
- Installation of Workflow Manager—Desktop
- Postinstallation of Workflow Manager completed
- Local connection to database set up
Workflow Manager provides tools for administrators to combine a series of configuration files and maintain the contents of the destination database. This allows you to synchronize multiple instances.
- From the Import/Export menu in Workflow Manager Administrator, click Import Configuration.
The browse dialog box is presented for you to navigate to a file location where the configuration file is.
- Browse to the location of the configuration file you want to import.
- Click Open.
- On the Clear database? dialog click No to merge the contents of your configuration file with existing configuration.
The configuration is imported. All existing configuration elements are maintained, and existing jobs remain in the system.
The utility compares configuration elements based on their GUID and date stamp. A new object will have no matching GUID in the existing database. An existing element that needs to be updated will have a matching GUID but it will have a more recent date stamp.
The application will overwrite the old elements with the new objects. These objects can have the same name but because of their GUID, they are new objects. In a scenario like this, Workflow Manager will append "_1" to the name. For example if the step type "Edit Data" exists in both configuration files with different GUIDs, the result will be two step types - "Edit Data" and "Edit Data_1".