Before calculating a route in the Find Route dialog box, a Routing Service must be defined in the Options tab. The routing service can be a file-based network dataset, an ArcGIS Online routing service, or an ArcGIS for Server routing service. Regarding file-based network datasets, the following formats are supported: SDC, shapefile, personal geodatabase, file geodatabase, and SDE.
You will learn how to add a file-based network dataset as a routing service in this topic.
- Click the Find Route button on the Tools toolbar.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click the browse button next to the Routing Service drop-down arrow.
- Navigate to the desired network dataset, select it, then click Open.
The network dataset will be listed in the Routing Service list.
- Understanding how to find a route
- Pointing and clicking on your maps to assign stops or barriers
- Using a point layer for your stops or barriers
- Using addresses you enter for your stops or barriers
- Using a point graphic to assign stops or barriers
- Adding an ArcGIS for Server routing service
- Adding an ArcGIS Online routing service