- Right-click the folder in the Catalog tree in which you want to create the new table and click New > dBase table.
- Type the name for the table and press ENTER.
- To add a field to the table, right-click the table in the Catalog tree and click Properties.
- Click the Fields tab.
- Click the next blank row in the Field Name column and type a name.
- Click in the Data Type column next to the new field's name and click its data type.
- Click in the Field Properties list and type the properties for the new field.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 until all the table's fields have been defined.
- Click OK.
A new dBASE table appears in the folder’s contents.