This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Installing ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop
Before installing ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop, close all applications on your computer and verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Start the installation program by double-clicking the setup.exe in the installation package.
- Click Next on the Welcome to the ArcGIS Workflow Manager 10.3.1 Installation Wizard dialog box.
The License acceptance dialog box appears.
- After reviewing the agreement, click the check box to accept and click Next.
The Setup dialog box appears.
- Choose the location where you want Workflow Manager installed and click Next.
A dialog box appears detailing the feature that will be installed and the disk requirements for it.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish to exit.
Verify that you have the Workflow Manager feature available through ArcGIS Administrator.
If the license is not available, rerun the ArcGIS for Desktop authorization wizard after obtaining a valid license.
Installing the Task Assistant Manager component
During the ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop installation, you can choose to install the Task Assistant Manager component. The Task Assistant Manager components allow you to use micro workflows in ArcMap or define these workflows. This is broken down into Task Assistant Manager Designer and Task Assistant Manager User, and you can choose which level you want to install after running the installation. The following steps will discuss how to make this change.
- After the installation is complete, click Finish to exit.
- Click Start menu > All Programs > Task Assistant Manager > Configuration Manager.
The (Administrator) Configuration Manager dialog box appears.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Choose the Run as Designer option to enable the Designer mode of Task Assistant Manager.