File and personal geodatabases can be moved from one folder to another under the Folder Connections node of the Catalog tree.
- Start ArcMap and open the Catalog window, or open ArcCatalog.
- Add a folder connection for the present location of the geodatabase you want to move.
- Add a folder connection for the location to which you want to move the geodatabase.
- Move the geodatabase using one of the following methods:
- Drag the geodatabase from its present folder location and drop it into the new folder location.
- Right-click the geodatabase, click Copy, right-click the new folder location, and click Paste.
Copying and pasting a geodatabase makes a second copy of the geodatabase. If you no longer need the geodatabase in the old folder location, delete it.