Restoring a geodatabase re-creates the geodatabase on the database server from the backup file.
The geodatabase is restored under its original name. If a geodatabase with that name already exists on the database server, the restored geodatabase overwrites the existing geodatabase.
Only a server administrator can restore a geodatabase to a database server.
- Log in as a server administrator, start ArcMap, and open the Catalog window.
- In the Catalog tree, double-click the database server to which you want to restore a geodatabase backup file.
This connects you to the database server.
- Right-click the database server and click Restore on the shortcut menu.
- Click the ellipsis (...) button on the Restore geodatabase dialog box to browse to the backup file you want to restore and the location where you want to restore the geodatabase file.
- Click OK.
- The geodatabase is restored under its original name. If a geodatabase with that name already exists, a message appears asking if you want to overwrite the existing geodatabase. If you do, click Yes. If not, click Cancel.