Vertices can store additional attributes besides x,y locations. The attributes include m-values and z-values, which are often used to store information about route measures and elevation. These attributes are added and modified using the Edit Sketch Properties window. You can open the window by selecting a feature with the Edit tool, double-clicking it, then clicking the Sketch Properties button on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar and double-click the feature you want to edit.
- Click the Sketch Properties button on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the cell for the m-value or z-value you want to edit and type a new value.
- To change the m-values or z-values for multiple vertices, check the boxes to the left of the vertices you want to update.
- Click the M button to edit m-values or click the Z button to edit z-values.
- For m-values: Either clear the m-values (resets them to NaN) or type a new m-value and click OK.
- For z-values: Type the new z-value and click OK.
The m-values and z-values are applied to all the selected (checked) vertices.
- When you are done, click Finish Sketch on the Edit Sketch Properties window.
When the Edit tool or a construction tool is active, you can press the P key as a shortcut to opening the window.