Suppose an electrical pole must be moved 15 feet east and 5 feet north of its current location due to a road widening. Before moving the pole, you must reshape its electrical line so the pole can connect to the line in the new location; you can do this by moving the vertex of the electrical line on which the pole sits using relative (delta) x,y coordinates. You can also select multiple vertices and move them all at the same time to a relative location.
The original location of the vertex as the origin (0,0) is used, and the vertex is moved to the new location using the map unit coordinates you specify (for example, 15,5). After the vertex is moved and the electrical line is reshaped, you can snap the pole feature to the vertex in its new location.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar and double-click the feature you want to edit.
- Position the pointer over the vertex until it changes to the move pointer .To move multiple vertices, drag a box around them and position the pointer over one of the selected vertices.
- Right-click and click Move.
- Type the delta x,y coordinates of the place you want to move the vertex (or vertices).
- Right-click anywhere on the map and click Finish Sketch.