The Reshape Feature tool lets you reshape a polygon by constructing a sketch over a selected feature. The feature takes the shape of the sketch from the first place the sketch intersects the feature to the last.
When you reshape a polygon, if both endpoints of the sketch are within the polygon, the shape is added to the feature.
If the endpoints are outside the polygon, the feature is cut away.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the feature you want to reshape.
- Click the Reshape Feature tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the map to create a line according to the way you want the feature reshaped.
- To change the shape of the sketch segment, click a construction method type on the Editor toolbar or on the Feature Construction mini toolbar. Segments can be created using a variety of methods—for example, as straight lines, with curves, or traced from the shapes of other features. You can also use keyboard shortcuts or right-click to access a menu of commands to help you place vertices in the sketch.
- Right-click anywhere on the map and click Finish Sketch.