Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The Merge Parcel Courses tool can be used to merge collinear parcel line courses or segments into a single line. This tool is useful for merging those line segments that should form a single parcel line but have been split by adjacent parcel points. Once the tool is used to merge line segments into a single line, any adjacent parcel points sitting on the line become line points.
During data migration, parcel lines are split or segmented by adjacent parcel line vertices (corners) that touch the lines. In many cases these segmented parcel lines should be one single parcel line with a single dimension.
Once data has been migrated to a parcel fabric, you can use the Merge Parcel Courses tool to merge the line segments of selected parcels into single parcel lines. Adjacent parcel corner points that sit on the lines become line points.
- Start an edit session and using the Select Parcel Features tool , select the parcels that have line segments you want to merge.
- Right-click and click Merge Parcel Courses to open the Merge Parcel Courses dialog box.
- Enter the maximum angle by which collinear line segments can differ for them to be merged into a single line in the text box under Merge adjacent courses that have an angle break less than.
- For curved segments you can choose to:
- Merge curves if the radius attribute values differ by the percentage you specify in the text box under radius attribute values differ by less than.
- Merge curves if the radial points (center points) are within the tolerance you specify in the text box under radial points are within.
- Choose whether or not you want to delete the original parcels.
- Click OK to merge line segments and create line points.