If you need to add features to a nonversioned table or feature class, and that table or feature class contains fields with NOT NULL or UNIQUE constraints applied to them, you must update the attribute values at the time of feature creation. To do this, you can set the attributes tableto display so you can add values to the constrained fields.
- If the Editor toolbar is not already open, click Customize on the main menu, point to Toolbars, and click Editor.
- Click the Editor drop-down menu on the Editor toolbar.
- Click Options.
- Click the Attributes tab on the Editing Options dialog box.
- Choose the option to Display the attributes dialog box before storing new features.
- Click For the following layers.
- Check the box next to the layers that have NOT NULL or UNIQUE value constraints.
This results in the attributes table automatically displaying during editing for only those layers you chose from the list.