Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The Export Replica Schema command is used in a disconnected environment to export a replica's schema to an XML workspace document. The document includes the schema for all data in the replica and is used as input to the Compare Replica Schema command.
You can export a replica schema by opening the Export Replica Schema wizard from the geodatabase or geodata server pull-right menu in the Catalog tree or from the Distributed Geodatabases toolbar in ArcMap.
The Export Replica Schema command has a combo box that allows you to choose the replica to export. The combo box will list both parent and child replicas. For one-way replicas, only the parent replica can export schema, while for checkout replicas, only the child replica can export schema.
How to export a replica schema
- There are two ways to get to the Export Replica Schema.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your geodatabase, point to Distributed Geodatabases, and click Export Replica Schema. Right-click geodata services published through ArcGIS for Server to access remote geodatabases.
- In ArcMap, click the Export Replica Schema button on the Distributed Geodatabases toolbar. Remote geodatabases are accessed in ArcMap through map services that have the geodata access capability enabled.
- Specify a name for the XML file that is to be created.
- Choose the replica to export.
- Click Finish.