Available with Standard or Advanced license.
You may need to add a new weight and associate it with feature classes in your geometric network after creating your geometric network. You can add a new weight to the network by using the properties page of the geometric network. Network weights apply to all elements within the network. As when assigning a weight in the Geometric Network Wizard, you can assign the fields for each feature class to be associated with the weight.
To add the weight to the network, it must be associated with at least one field. After adding the weight to the network, you cannot change the field it's associated with. Weights cannot be deleted or renamed after being added to the network.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the geometric network and click Properties.
- Click the Weights tab.
- Click New.
- In the Add New Weight dialog box, type a name for your weight.
- Click the Type drop-down arrow and select the weight type.
- If creating a bitgate weight, click the Bitgate Size drop-down arrow and click the size of the bitgate.
- Click OK.
- Select the fields to associate with the weight. For each feature class, click the appropriate field from the Field Name drop-down list.
At least one field must be associated with the weight.