Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The Build Geometric Network wizard discovers the connectivity for a group of feature classes in a feature dataset and promotes them from simple feature types (lines and points) to network feature types (edges and junctions).
When you build a geometric network, the feature classes must already exist in the feature dataset. However, they can be empty. After the network has been built, you can add new network feature classes.
Geometric networks are built in ArcCatalog.
- Start ArcMap by clicking Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcMap 10.1.
- Click Geoprocessing > Search For Tools and type create geometric network in the search box
- Click Search Tools. The Create Geometric Network geoprocessing tool is listed in the Search window.
- Click the name of the tool and the tool's dialog box opens.
- Specify the parameters in the tool's dialog box.
- Click OK.