Available with Standard or Advanced license.
- Right-click the feature dataset that contains the network.
- Point to New.
- Click Feature Class.
- Type a name and an alias for the new feature class.
- Click the drop-down arrow and click Simple Junction Feature to create a feature class that stores network junctions.
- Click the drop-down arrow and click the geometric network in which this feature class will participate.
- Check the check box to allow the features in this feature class to be able to act as sources or sinks in the network.
- Click Next.
- Follow the steps for creating a feature class in a feature dataset.
You will be presented with an additional dialog box where you can associate the network's weights with fields in the feature class.
- To associate a weight in the network with a field in this new feature class, under Field, click the field next to the weight you want to associate.
- Click the name of the field in the drop-down list to associate with this weight.
- Repeat the previous two steps until you have associated the weights in the network with fields.
You don't have to associate all the weights with fields.
- Click Finish.