Network flow direction specifies the direction in which commodity flows through the network. ArcGIS stores this information for edge features in a network. Using the Utility Network Analyst toolbar, you can display the flow direction for edges, and you can display which edges have determinate flow direction, indeterminate flow direction, or uninitialized flow.
- On the Utility Network Analyst toolbar, click Flow > Display Arrows For and check the layers for which you want to display flow direction.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Arrow Properties tab.
- Click a flow category in the list and click the button to specify the size and color of the flow direction arrows.
- Click the Scale tab and specify the scales at which you want to display the flow direction arrows.
- To show the arrows at all scales, click Show arrows at all scales.
- To only show the arrows within a scale range, click Don't show arrows when zoomed and type the scale range limits in the text boxes.
- Click OK.
- Click Flow > Display Arrows.
The arrows symbolizing the flow direction are displayed.