If an item within a mosaic dataset is misaligned from the rest of the mosaic dataset, you can georeference that particular item. The steps below describe how to georeference an item within a mosaic dataset.
- Add the mosaic dataset that you want to edit.
- Use a query or selection tool to choose the item you want to georeference.
You can use query the Footprint attribute table to filter out the mosaic dataset item you want to georeference.
- Right-click the Footprint layer of the mosaic dataset, point to Selection, then click Add Selected Raster to Map.
A new group layer is created with the item you selected.
- Name the new group layer and click OK to close the window.
- In the Georeferencing toolbar, make sure that the correct layer is chosen in the drop-down combo box.
- Use the tools on the Georeferencing toolbar to position the item in the correct location.
For more information on georeferencing tools, see Georeferencing toolbar tools.
- Once your item is in the correct location, click the Georeferencing button and click Update Georeferencing.
Now your mosaic dataset item has been updated. If you need to georeference another item within your mosaic dataset, repeat the steps for the next item.