There are two main geoprocessing tools that are used to load raster data into a raster catalog. The Raster To Geodatabase tool allows you to load multiple selected rasters into a raster catalog. The Workspace To Raster Catalog tool allows you to load all the rasters within a location on disk into a raster catalog. The steps below describe using the latter tool.
To use either of these tools, you must first have a raster catalog in the geodatabase. To create a raster catalog in a geodatabase, see Creating raster catalogs in a geodatabase.
- In ArcCatalog or the Catalog window, right-click the raster catalog, and click Load > Load From Workspace.
- Click the Input Workspace browse button and navigate to the workspace from which you want to load the raster datasets.
- Make sure that the output raster catalog is correct. If not, click the browse button and navigate to the correct raster catalog.
- Optionally, check Include Sub-directories to load raster datasets from all the subfolders in your workspace.
- Optionally, check Project on-the-fly to reproject the raster datasets to the raster catalog's projection.
- Click OK.