Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The Remove Rasters From Mosaic Dataset tool is used to remove raster datasets from a mosaic dataset. When the rasters are removed from the mosaic dataset, they are not deleted from disk, as the mosaic dataset only stores a link to the source data.
There are two ways to define the rasters that will be removed.
- Select the rasters you want removed by making a selection, either in the attribute table, using the Select tool in ArcMap, or using one of the options on the Selection menu, such as Select By Location.
- Use a query to define the rasters that you want removed.
- Optionally, select the rasters you want to remove from the mosaic dataset.
A selection or a query must be made in order for the tool to run.
- Open the Remove Raster From Mosaic Dataset tool.
- Optionally, define a query to select the rasters you want removed. If a query is not defined, a selection must have been made in step 1.
- Click OK.