When copying and pasting features in ArcMap, the newly created features will automatically have their attributes added to the layer's table. The pasted features will have coincident geometries with the features that were copied.
This method of copying and pasting records is only valid for attribute tables of layers. It will not work for tables that have no associated features or tables in a database.
- Click the Editor menu on the Editor toolbar and click Start Editing.
- Right-click the table or layer in the table of contents and choose Open Attribute Table.
- Select the records you want to copy.
Press and hold the CTRL key while clicking to select more than one record.
You can navigate the cells in a table by pressing the TAB or arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the Copy button on the Standard toolbar.
- Click the Paste button on the Standard toolbar.
The new records are added at the end of the table.