Using a SQL query, you can select individual or multiple records using the Select By Attributes dialog box. You can build queries for date fields, numeric fields, and string fields.
To make a selection by querying a dataset based on a date value, follow these steps:
- Click the Selection menu and click Select By Attributes.
- Click the Layer arrow and click the layer containing the features you want to select.
- Click the Method arrow and click a selection method.
- Choose the field containing the date values to query against in the field list.
- Choose an operator by clicking one of the buttons.
- Click the Get Unique Values button to populate the Values list.
A data-dependent syntax is required for querying dates. ArcMap automatically writes the proper syntax for you when you double-click a row in the Values list. Refer to the SQL reference for a description of the different syntax and the specifications of querying dates.
- Click Apply.
The status bar at the bottom of the ArcMap window tells you the number of features selected.
- Click Close.