You can make two different types of reports—tabular or columnar.
- A tabular report is much like a spreadsheet; it organizes data in rows and columns. Each row represents one record of data, and each column represents one field.
- A columnar report displays fields and their values vertically in columns, much like a newspaper column layout. With a columnar report, you can specify the number of columns you want to display.
By default, the Report Wizard creates a tabular report with one column. To create a report with more than one column or fields displayed on the same row as the attribute value, use these steps:
- Open a report in the Report Designer.
- Click the Detail section to display the section's element properties.
- Under Data, change the ColumnCount to the number of columns you want to display.
- Click the Group section to adjust column properties for the groups in your report.
- Set ColumnLayout to True to use the same column layout as specified in the Detail section.
- Set KeepTogether and ColumnGroupKeepTogether to True to make sure the attributes of a record are not split between different columns or pages of the report.