There are a number of methods for querying information from the image service:
- You can use the Identify tool on the Tools toolbar to query the pixel values in an image service layer to get raw and rendered pixel values and to identify the raster datasets that exist at that location and scale.
- You can open the layer properties and create a query on the Definition Query tab to define attributes of the raster dataset you want to view in the image service. For example, you may want to specify that only the source images be displayed (that is, no service overviews), or you may want to query the data so only data within a specific date range and cloud cover are displayed.
- You can use the selection tools, such as Select by Location, Select by Attributes, or Select by Graphics, from the Selection menu, or use the tools on the Tools toolbar, such as Select Features By Rectangle .
- You can open the Attribute table and make a selection.
- You can change the mosaic method to By Attribute to reorder how the raster datasets are mosaicked together to create the image in your display.
When using a date field with the By Attribute mosaic method, the base value must be entered using one of the following:
- yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss.s
- yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss
- yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm
- yyyy/MM/dd HH