- Ensure that you have the Maplex Label Engine enabled and that you have an abbreviation dictionary either created or loaded.
- On the Labeling toolbar, click Labeling > Abbreviation Dictionaries.
- Click the Dictionary Name drop-down arrow and click an abbreviation dictionary.
- Click Options.
- Click Save To File if you want to save to a dictionary file.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the abbreviation dictionary file or table.
- Type a name.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
Click Export To Database Table if you want to save to a table in a database.