You can force the placement of all the labels belonging to a given label class on the map with the Never remove (place overlapping) option. The Maplex Label Engine will attempt to place the labels according to the placement properties first, and if a conflict-free position for a label cannot be found, the label will be placed with a conflict.
- Enable the Maplex Label Engine.
- Click the Label Manager button on the Labeling toolbar.
- Check the check box next to the layer you want to label.
- Choose a label class under the layer.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click the Conflict Resolution tab.
- Check the Never remove (place overlapping) check box.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.