Generates an XML that describes schema differences between a replica geodatabase and the relative replica geodatabase.
Modifying the schema of a replica to match the schema of a relative replica is a separate process from data synchronization. Three tools are provided for this purpose: Compare Replica Schema, Import Replica Schema, and Export Replica Schema:
- Use Compare Replica Schema (this tool) to generate an XML file containing the schema changes.
- Import these changes with the Import Replica Schema tool.
- If you're working in a disconnected environment, you first need to run the Export Replica Schema tool to export the schema with the changes to an XML file. This file can then be transported on media, such as CDs or DVDs, for input into the Compare Replica Schematool.
The output replica schema changes file must be XML.
CompareReplicaSchema_management (in_geodatabase, in_source_file, output_replica_schema_changes_file)
Specifies the replica geodatabase to which the replica schema will be compared. The geodatabase may be a local geodatabase or a geodata service.
Specifies the file that contains the relative replica schema to use for the comparison.
Specifies the file to contain a description of the schema differences.
CompareReplicaSchema example 1 (Python window)
The following script demonstrates how to use the CompareReplicaSchema function in the Python window.
import arcpy from arcpy import env env.workspace = "C:/Data" arcpy.CompareReplicaSchema_management("MySDEdata.sde", "RelativeReplicaSchema.xml", "SchemaComparison.xml")
CompareReplicaSchema example 2 (stand-alone Python script)
The following script demonstrates how to use the CompareReplicaSchema function in a stand-alone Python script.
# Name CompareReplicaSchema_Example2.py # Description: Compares a replica schema (in an SDE workspace) to its relative replicas schema (in an XML file). # The results of the comparison are created in an XML file # The relative replicas XML schema file was created using the ExportReplicaSchema tool. # Import system modules import arcpy from arcpy import env # Set workspace env.workspace = "C:/Data" # Set local variables in_geodatabase = "MySDEdata.sde" in_source_file = "RelativeReplicaSchema.xml" output_schema_changes = "outputSchemaChanges.xml" # Execute CompareReplicaSchema arcpy.CompareReplicaSchema_management(in_geodatabase, in_source_file, output_schema_changes)
- ArcGIS for Desktop Basic: No
- ArcGIS for Desktop Standard: Yes
- ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced: Yes