Defense Mapping configuration tool that applies representation symbology to the input features. This tool applies symbology to many layers and links feature attributes to representation rules and label expressions.
You can apply multiple visual specifications to multiple input features.
The Visual Specifications Workspace contains the visual specifications you can apply to input features.
This tool adds fields to the input features. The number and names of the fields will vary but will include the following:
- A field that holds the representation rule number. This is known as the representation rule field.
- An override field associated with the representation to store symbol exception information. The override field contains exception information on an individual representation.
- An optional new or existing field that holds calculated values. The calculated field contains the value that is produced as part of the selected specification.
The representation rule field contains the number of the symbol being used for the feature class in association with feature class representations.
AddRepresentationFields_defense (in_features, in_visual_spec_workspace, in_specs)
The feature classes where the visual specifications field will be added.
The location of the workspace that contains the visual specifications table (VST_Specification). This table can be stored in a personal, file, or enterprise geodatabase.
The visual specifications you want to apply to the selected feature layers and feature classes.
AddRepresentationFields example (Python window)
The following code example demonstrates how to execute the AddRepresentationFields function.
# Set up input features, visual specification database, and specification features = "C:/Example/example.gdb/MGCP/AerofacA;C:/Example/example.gdb/MGCP/AerofacP;C:/Example/example.gdb/MGCP/AgristrA;C:/Example/example.gdb/MGCP/AgristrP" visualSpecification = "C:/Program Files (x86)/ArcGIS/EsriDefenseMapping/Desktop10.4/Mgcp/Cartography/Symbology/MGCP_TRD_4_3_MTM_Visual_Specification.mdb" specification = "'MGCP_50K :: MGCP TRD 4.3 Visual Specification for MGCP Topographic Map (MTM)'" # Running Add Representation Fields tool arcpy.AddRepresentationFields_defense(features, visualSpecification, specification)
- ArcGIS Desktop Basic: No
- ArcGIS Desktop Standard: Requires Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Desktop Advanced: Requires Defense Mapping