Exports the Multinational Geospatial Co-production Program (MGCP) metadata datasets (Cell, Subregion, and Source feature classes) to an XML file.
One XML file is created for each Cell feature that is selected. If none are selected, one XML file is created for each feature in the Cell feature class.
The Cell feature class must be named "Cell".
The XML schema matches the ISO 19139 specification and is compliant with TRD 2 and TRD 3.
The metadata file contains information from the MGCP_Metadata datasets that are part of an MGCP database.
The following feature classes are exported to an XML file using this tool:
- The Cell feature class contains metadata about individual 1x1-decimal degree extents with which the data is associated.
- The Subregion feature class contains metadata about the specific area within the cell where the data meets requirements for a specific purpose.
- The Source feature class supplies information about the source used in the feature extraction.
If the Overwrite the outputs of geoprocessing operations check box is checked on the Geoprocessing Options dialog box, an existing XML file can be overwritten.
ExportMetadata_defense (in_cell_features, export_location)
The MGCP Cell feature layer to export.
The directory where the metadata XML files will be created.
ExportMetadata sample (stand-alone Python script)
In this example, the Metadata feature dataset is exported from the MGCP_TRD2 geodatabase to an XML file in the Metadata directory.
# Name: ExportMetadata_Example.py # Description: Exports feature classes from an MGCP workspace to shapefiles # Requirements: Esri Defense Mapping solution # Import arcpy module import arcpy # Check out a DefenseMapping extension license arcpy.CheckOutExtension("defense") # Local variables: in_cell_features = "C:\\Data\\Defense\\MGCP_TRD2.mdb\\MGCP_Metadata\\Cell" in_export_location = "C:\\Data\\Defense\\Metadata" # Process: Export Metadata arcpy.ExportMetadata_defense(in_cell_features, in_export_location) # Check in the Defense Mapping extension arcpy.CheckInExtension("defense")
This tool does not use any geoprocessing environments
- ArcGIS Desktop Basic: No
- ArcGIS Desktop Standard: Requires Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS Desktop Advanced: Requires Defense Mapping