Available with 3D Analyst license.
To enable the direct use of a cache as an ArcGlobe layer, a layer file is created in every disk cache folder. If this file is missing or corrupted, it can be re-created using ArcCatalog.
- Open ArcCatalog.
- Click the Customize menu.
- Click Extensions and check 3D Analyst.
- Close the Extensions dialog box.
- Browse to the disconnected cache folder and click the gmx.xml file in the folder.
- Switch the preview mode to Globe view.
ArcCatalog will automatically generate a layer file for you in the disk cache folder. From now on, you can use the layer file to consume your data cache.