Snapping can be enabled on the Snapping toolbar.
Below are the available snap types and how you can use them.
- Point Snapping: snap to point features.
- End Snapping: snap to the start or end points of lines.
- Vertex Snapping: snap to the vertices of lines of polygons.
- Edge Snapping: snap to lines or polygon boundaries.
- Intersection Snapping: snap to the intersection of two or more line or polygon features.
- Midpoint Snapping: snap to the midpoint of line or polygon segments.
- Tangent Snapping: snap to the point of tangency on curved line or polygon segments. Note that you must have at least one vertex placed before you can snap to a tangent.
- Add the Snapping toolbar to ArcMap.
- Click the Snapping menu on the Snapping toolbar and click Use Snapping.
- Click the buttons on the Snapping toolbar to perform point, end, vertex, or edge snapping. These snap types are enabled by default.
- Click the Snapping menu to enable other snapping types.