You can join two or more polygon graphics you've drawn on your map to form a new graphic that is a combination of the input graphics. You can use the following join methods:
- Union—Joins all graphics, creating one large graphic. Where the graphics overlap, the boundaries are removed.
- Intersect—Creates a new graphic from the shared area of the input graphics.
- Remove overlap—Creates a new graphic from the nonoverlapping areas of two input graphics.
- Subtract—Creates a new graphic by subtracting the overlapping area of one graphic from another.
- Click the Select Elements tool on the Draw toolbar and click the graphics you want to join.
- Click Drawing on the Draw toolbar, point to Graphic Operations, then click the method you want to use.
The graphics are joined.