Available with Network Analyst license.
If you do not have any existing turn data from other Esri software products to migrate for use in a network dataset, you might want to do one of the following:
- Create a new turn feature class in a geodatabase and add it to a network dataset.
- Create a new turn feature class in a shapefile workspace and create a shapefile network dataset.
Once the data participates in the network dataset, you can create turn features in it using editing tools in ArcMap.
You can create a turn feature class from the context menu in ArcCatalog, the context menu in the Catalog window of ArcMap, or a geoprocessing tool. The procedures are similar to creating any other feature class in a geodatabase.
These steps show how to create a turn feature class using a geoprocessing tool in either ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- On the menu bar, click Geoprocessing > Search For Tools.
The dockable Search window opens with the Tools category selected.
- Click Network Analyst Tools in the list of toolboxes in the Search window.
A list of toolsets and tools related to the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension appears.
- Click Turn Feature Class in the Search window.
- Click Create Turn Feature Class.
The Create Turn Feature Class dialog box appears.
- Specify the parameters on the tool's dialog box.
- To create a turn feature class for a shapefile network dataset, set Output Location to a shapefile workspace.
- To create a turn feature class for a network dataset in a geodatabase, set Output Location to a feature dataset.
- Click OK.