The Rectangle tool is used to create rectangular features, such as buildings.
The following keyboard shortcuts are available with the Rectangle tool.
|Keyboard shortcut||Editing function|
Press TAB to orient the rectangle straight (vertical or horizontal at 90-degree angles) rather than rotated. This enters a mode where all the rectangles you create will be straight. Press TAB again to exit this mode and create rectangles with a rotation angle.
Enter x,y coordinates for a corner. You can set the coordinates for the first corner or any of the subsequent corners once you have established the angle of the rectangle.
Specify an angle direction after you set the first corner point.
L or W
Enter a measurement for the length and width of the sides.
Make a square instead of a rectangle.
- These steps can be used to create lines or polygons:
- To create lines, click a line feature template in the Create Features window.
- To create polygons, click a polygon feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Rectangle tool on the Create Features window.
- Click where you want to place the first corner of the rectangle.
- Drag and click to set the rotation angle of the rectangle.
- Drag and click to create and finish the rectangle.