Raster function templates (*.rft.xml) are files that contain function chains. These function chains can be added to a mosaic dataset. Once it is associated with the mosaic dataset, you can use it to display your mosaic dataset with the various processing templates. This is similar to publishing an image service with processing templates.
- In the Catalog window, locate the mosaic dataset that you will add processing templates to.
- Right-click the mosaic dataset and click Properties.
- Click the Processing Templates tab.
- Click the browse button and navigate to your raster function template (*.rft.xml).
- Select the raster function template and click Open.
- Optionally, use the Default Processing Template using the drop-down.
- Click OK to save the edits to your mosaic dataset.
Now your mosaic dataset has processing templates associated with it. Each template shows you a different on-the-fly view of your mosaic dataset. You can switch the template being used to quickly display a new processed view of your mosaic dataset from a single mosaic dataset. This eliminates the need to create multiple mosaic datasets from the same data.