Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can extrude 2D features in ArcGlobe into 3D objects using a shared constant value.
To apply extrusion open the Layer Properties dialog box for the feature layer and do the following.
- Right-click the layer in the table of contents and click Properties.
- Click the Globe Extrusion tab.
- Check the box to extrude the features in the layer.
- Type a constant value in the Extrusion value text box to define the extrusion by (for example, type "100").
- Click the drop-down arrow to specify the extrusion method. You can choose from
- adding to each feature's minimum height
- adding to each feature's maximum height
- adding to each feature's base height
- using it as a value the features are extruded to
- Click OK.
Alternatively, in ArcScene or from the Catalog window, click the Extrusion tab.
The graphic on the dialog box will reflect the extrusion method you choose and how it will be applied.