Available with 3D Analyst license.
Once you have added the Deploy Document command to the user interface you can easily access the ArcGlobe Deployment Wizard. There are many options available for you to move your 3D documents and caches to new locations and get the results you need.
- In ArcGlobe, start the wizard by clicking the Deploy Document command.
- Choose to either update the current ArcGlobe document or create a new one. If creating a new document, specify the name and location of the document.
- Click Next.
- Specify the new cache location. Optionally, choose to make this the default location for all new caches.
- Choose what to do with existing cache data. You can:
- Copy no cache data
- Copy all cache data
- Use advanced options to move specific caches only
- Click Next.
- If you chose Advanced, you can set options on a per-layer basis. These options include whether the cache is copied or simply connected to the new cache location, where the new cache is located, and the name of the cache folder. You can also choose to set a local path for each cache, even if the cache data is being copied across a Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path. Set your properties and click Next.
- The final page holds the summary information and an optional command to calculate the total file size of the deployment. Although this operation may take several minutes, depending on the caches involved, it is a recommended option to ensure that each destination directory has enough disk space. The data size per layer and total data size per destination directory is added to the summary information.
- Click Finish.