The Caching tab of the Service Editor dialog box is where you set the tiling scheme and other properties for your cache. You should set these options before you start creating cache tiles.
- In ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server, and establish a Publish GIS services or Administer GIS server connection to the server.
If you have one of these connections set up, you can skip this step. For instructions on how to connect, see Connect to ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS Desktop.
- Within your server connection, right-click the service for which you want to access cache properties and click Service Properties.
The Service Editor dialog box appears.
- Click the Caching tab.
- Adjust the cache properties as needed.
Additional properties are visible on the Advanced Settings subtab. Some properties, such as tile origin and dimensions, are read-only after the cache is initialized.
See Available map and image cache properties to learn more about the options on the Caching tab.
- Click OK to save your changes.