How to use
See How to use ArcGIS samples for help on running the sample.
- Start the sample application. The ushigh.shp shapefile from the sample data is loaded into the Map control.
- Use the Editor menu on the toolbar to start an edit session. The editing controls on the toolbar are enabled.
- Click the Add ReshapePolyline Task command on the toolbar. The command is disabled, and the Reshape Polyline Edit task is added to the Edit Tasks tool control and is set as the active task.
- Zoom in on an area on the map where you want to reshape a highway feature.
- Use the Edit tool to select a feature by clicking the feature. The Sketch tool is enabled, and the feature is highlighted in blue.
- Use the Sketch tool to digitize a polyline that intersects the selected highway feature in at least two places. You can right-click the map to access the Sketch context menu.
- Double-click to finish the sketch. The selected feature is reshaped.
- Stop the edit session using the Editor menu.
If you installed the samples feature, you will find the files associated with this sample in <Your Developer Kit install location>\DeveloperKit10.4\Java\Samples\ArcObjects.
|editing/EditingApplication.java||Entry point for the sample. It initializes the interop, sets up the user interface (UI), and ensures licensing is valid.|
|editing/AddJavaTaskCommand.java||Contains the code to implement a command. The command adds the Reshape Polyline edit task to the EngineEditor.|
|editing/ReshapePolylineEditTask.java||Contains the code to implement a custom edit task and responds to events in the editing framework.|
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Basic|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced|