How to use
See How to use ArcGIS samples for help on running the sample.
- Verify that the ArcObjects Java SDK is installed on your computer.
- Navigate to this sample's lib folder ($AGSDEVKITJAVA/java/samples/arcobjects/geoprocessing/customtools/createbuffer/lib) and copy CreateBufferExt.jar into the <$AGSDESKTOPJAVA/java/lib/ext folder to deploy the custom extension. The extension functionality will become available to you when you restart ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Open ArcMap or ArcCatalog and expand Toolboxes.
- Create a new toolbox under My Toolboxes.
- Right click the newly created toolbox and select Add -> Tool.
- Select JavaCBFunctionFactory from the list of toolboxes. Optionally, you could expand toolbox node and view the toolset and tool embedded within. Click OK.
- Verify that the Java Create Buffer Tool is added to your toolbox.
- Double-click the custom tool and provide values for all the parameters.
- Click OK to execute the tool.
- Examine results.
If you installed the samples feature, you will find the files associated with this sample in <Your Developer Kit install location>\DeveloperKit10.4\Java\Samples\ArcObjects.
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Basic|